About the Life Sciences Conference
The Second Annual IEEE Life Sciences Conference (LSC) will be held in Montreal, Canada 28-30 October 2018. The IEEE Life Sciences Technical Community (LSTC), which is supported by multiple IEEE member societies, is the sponsor of the conference. As such, the conference will cover diverse topics within the theme.
IEEE LSC 2018 will include tutorials and a scientific program composed of plenary talks, invited sessions, lecture and poster presentations of peer-reviewed papers. In addition, there will be a host of special events, including an IEEE Women in Engineering event, a graduate students’ competition (Best paper contest), and other initiatives to be announced shortly.
All are encouraged to submit papers containing original contributions to be considered for presentation at LSC 2018. Accepted 4-page regular papers will be published in the conference proceedings and be included in IEEE Xplore. In addition, accepted 2-page short papers will be published in the conference proceedings only. To communicate late scientific findings and to encourage attendance by a broader audience, LSC 2018 will provide additional presentation opportunities via a second track featuring posters.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Smart medical devices and technologies
- Wearable sensors and Smart garments/textiles
- Biosensor technologies, mobile-health apps
- Signal and image processing and technologies
- Data preprocessing, compression and transmission
- Data mining, cleansing, management, and integration
- Synthetic biology
- Big Data for healthcare
- Virtual reality (VR) in healthcare and medicine
- 10.Point of Care devices and technologies.
- Rehabilitation and assistive technologies
- Deep learning and pattern recognition
- Bioinformatics, and Biometrics
- Electronic medical records, and IoT for healthcare
- Brain-computer interfaces
- Wireless communication and networking
- Energy harvesting/scavenging technology
- Medical control systems
- Security and privacy, and Social implications of technology.